LIFX is a Wi-Fi enabled, multi-color, energy efficient LED light bulb that you can control with your smartphone.
What is LIFX?
LIFX is the smartest light bulb you’ve ever experienced. It’s a wifi-enabled, energy efficient, multi-colored bulb that you control with your iPhone or Android. LIFX gives you unprecedented control of your lights, reduces your energy costs, lasts up to 25 years and delivers an amazing range of experiences we think you’ll love.
Sets up in Seconds
LIFX is incredibly easy to set-up. Simply replace your existing bulbs with LIFX smartbulbs, download and install our free app from the App Store or Google Play and you’re good to go.
I found this project on kickstarter website. It gained about $1.35m funded from 9300 backers (included me). It like most of all project on kickstarter. They start the company, submit project proposal to us and do a project. They have many problem and behind schedule. But I think they are good. They can solved all issues and shipped bulbs out to their kickstarter backers.
– It’s heavy.
– It’s quite big. I wonder if it fit my downlight box?
– Packaging is strong. I would like to see official packaging.
– Setup process is good, follow instruction step-by-step and done. It’ll join your wireless network and able to start control your bulbs.
– Too bright! Who said it not bright. Try and see by yourself.
– Crash one time and need to power-cycle.
How to factory reset:
– Switch off and slide the little switch back of bulb to opposite side. Then turn on. If it correct, your bulb will rotate from red, green, blue, white.
I believed world will complete change to LED next or follow year. And the main feature is controllable LED like LIFX. But the big market share for controllable bulbs will be Bluetooth BLE. And have a mash network to talk between bulbs.