Unlucky that I’ve broke my APM2.0. I’m not care enough when put OSD module. It short circuit the main board. But my local dealer announce that they have new APM 2.5.
The ArduPilot Mega 2.5 is a complete open source autopilot system. It allows the user to turn any fixed, rotary wing or multirotor vehicle (even cars and boats) into a fully autonomous vehicle; capable of performing programmed GPS missions with waypoints. This version comes with the RC/Servo connectors unsoldered, so you can choose between straight or right-angled ones, both of which are included.
• Arduino Compatible!
• Includes both right angle and straight pins for I/O, allowing user to customize as needed.
• Includes 3-axis gyro, accelerometer and magnetometer, along with a high-performance barometer
• Onboard 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic datalogging
• Digital compass powered by Honeywell’s HMC5883L-TR chip, now included on the main board.
• Optional off-board GPS, Mediatek MT3329 or uBlox LEA-6H module. Mediatek module included in base price; choose other options at right (subtract $20 for no GPS or add $50 for the better uBlox module)
• One of the first open source autopilot systems to use Invensense’s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000.
• Barometric pressure sensor upgraded to MS5611-01BA03, from Measurement Specialties.
• Atmel’s ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 chips for processing and usb functions respectively.
I also get a new GPS module from jDrones. They offer a new design with expansion battery tray (Purchase seperate).
Compare with the old one. Its look same except battery tray.
But its look good when put together with APM2.5
Update 1: I forget to re-solder battery extension port. If you using this like me. Please re-solder from “Center->I” to “Center->E” like my example photo.